Rachel Swirsky was a founding editor of PodCastle, along with Ann Leckie.
Rachel’s short stories have appeared in Tor,Subterranean Magazine, and Clarkesworld, and been reprinted in year’s best anthologies edited by Strahan, Horton, Dozois, and the VanderMeers. She holds an MFA in fiction from the Iowa Writers Workshop, and graduated from Clarion West in 2005.
Her short fiction has been nominated for the Hugo Award, the Locus Award, the World Fantasy Award, and the Sturgeon Award. She’s twice won the Nebula Award, in 2010 for her novella, The Lady Who Plucked Red Flowers Beneath the Queen’s Window and in 2014 for her short story, If You Were a Dinosaur, My Love.
Work on Escape Artists
- EP176 How The World Became Quiet: A Post-Human Creation Myth, ready by Frank Key
- EP213 A Monkey Will Never Get Rid of Its Black Hands, read by Alasdair Stuart
- EP250 Eros, Philia, Agape, read by Mur Lafferty
- EP458 If You Were a Dinosaur, My Love (2014 Hugo Award nominee), read by Christina Lebonville
- PC115 Monstrous Embrace, read by Elizabeth Green Musselman
- PC242 Giant Episode: A Memory of Wind, read by Ann Leckie
- PC384 Flash Fiction Extravaganza! Vintage PodCastle: If You Were a Dinosaur, My Love, read by Tina Connolly
- PC003 Run of the Fiery Horse by Hilary Moon Murphy
- PC019 Galatea by Vylar Kaftan
- PC022 Dead Girl’s Wedding March by Cat Rambo
- PCMini010 The Desires of Houses by Haddayr CopleyWoods
- PCMini015 The Voices of Snakes by Karina SumnerSmith
- PC038 In the House of the Seven Librarians by Ellen Klages
- PC043 Sweet, Savage Sorcerer by Esther Friesner
- PCMini027 Faery Cats: The Cutest Killers by Lucy A. Snyder
- PCMini030 Rotations and Consequences by Katherine Sparrow
- PC071 I’ll Give In by Meghan McCarron
- PC118 Sugar by Cat Rambo
- PC200 In The Stacks by Scott Lynch
Cast of Wonders