Ferrett Steinmetz is a firm believer in the “apply butt to chair, then fingers to keyboard” philosophy, and he writes for at least an hour every day – which helps, he promises. He is a graduate of both the Clarion Writers’ Workshop and Viable Paradise, and has been nominated for the Nebula Award, for which he remains stoked.
Ferrett has a moderately popular blog, The Watchtower of Destruction, wherein he talks about bad puns, relationships, politics, videogames, and more bad puns. He is the creator of the most popular and comprehensive online purity quizzes (this one’s for sex, but he’s also done them for roleplaying and Livejournal). He’s written four computer books, including the still-popular-after-two-years Wicked Cool PHP.
He lives in Cleveland with his wife, who he couldn’t imagine living without.
Work on Escape Artists
- EP396 Dead Merchandise, read by Kathy Sherwood
- EP339 Run, Bakri Says, read by Mur Lafferty
- EP331 Devour, read by Dave Thompson
- EP445 Black Swan Oracle, read by Amy Robinson
- PP162 Suicide Notes, Written by an Alien Mind, read by Phil Rossi
- PP226 The Sound Of Gears, read by Bob Eccles
- PP342 Riding Atlas, read by Christopher Reynaga
- PP418 Shadow Transit, read by Marie Brennan