C.S.E. Cooney lives and writes in a well-appointed Rhode Island garret, right across the street from a Victorian Strolling Park. She is the author of How To Flirt in Faerieland and Other Wild Rhymes and Jack o’ the Hills. She won the 2011 Rhysling Award for her story-poem “The Sea King’s Second Bride.” Her first short fiction collection Bone Swans is forthcoming with Mythic Delirium in 2015.
Other examples of her short fiction and poetry can be found in Rich Horton’s Years Best Science Fiction and Fantasy (2011, 2012, 2014), The Nebula Awards Showcase (2013), The Mammoth Book of Steampunk Adventures (2014), The Moment of Change Anthology, Black Gate Magazine, Apex, Subterranean, Strange Horizons, Ideomancer, Clockwork Phoenix, Steam-Powered II, The Book of Dead Things, Cabinet des Fées, Stone Telling, Goblin Fruit, and Mythic Delirium.
Her recent novellas, “Martyr’s Gem” and “How the Milkmaid Struck a Bargain with the Crooked One” may be found online at GigaNotoSaurus. “Witch, Beast, Saint” the first of her erotic fairy tales from The Witch’s Garden Series appears in Strange Horizons, with the second, The Witch in the Almond Tree, available on Amazon for Kindle.
Work on Escape Artists
- PC156 Household Spirits, read by Bob Eccles and Brian Lieberman
- PC178 Giant Episode: Braiding the Ghosts, read by Kara Grace
- PC306 Flash Fiction Special – Tales of Strange Inspiration: Ten Cigars, read by Anna Schwind, Graeme Dunlop, Amal El-Mohtar, Norm Sherman, Tina Connolly, Ann Leckie, M.K. Hobson, Dave Thompson, Wilson Fowlie, and Peter Wood
- PC279 Thorns, by Martha Wells
- PC295 The Gunner’s Mate, by Gene Wolfe; read by C.S.E. Cooney and Dave Thompson
- PC315 Stranger vs. the Malevolent Malignancy, by Jim C. Hines; read by Rish Outfield, Dave Thompson, Big Anklevich, M.K. Hobson, Wilson Fowlie, Marguerite Kenner, LaShawn Wanak, Nathaniel Lee, Tina Connolly, C.S.E. Cooney, Steve Anderson, & Peter Wood
- PC329 Araminta, Or, The Wreck Of The Amphidrake, by Naomi Novik
- PC330 DRINK ME (A Flash Fiction Extravaganza) - The Wine, by M.C. Wagner
- PC363 L'Etoile Flamboyante, by Samantha Henderson
- PC356 Super-Baby-Moms Group Saves the Day, by Tina Connolly; read by C.S.E. Cooney, Amal El-Mohtar, M.K. Hobson, Tina Connolly, LaShawn Wanak, Dave Thompson, Marguerite Kenner, Anna Schwind